“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John 2)
Foods are divided into 4 categories called “Macro-nutrients”:
1) Carbohydrates 2) Protein 3) Fats 4) Spring Water
We need all 4 of these macro-nutrients for superior health and strength.
1) Carbohydrates are divided into 3 categories:
1. Simple Carbs: some fruits – eat moderate amounts in the afternoon.
2. Complex Carbs: Starches; like Potato, grains, Oatmeal, Brown rice – enjoy!
3. Junk Carbs: sugar, candy, deserts, anything processed or with white flour, white salt or white sugar. – avoid these for great health.
2) Proteins are divided into 3 Categories:
1. Complete Protein: All animal products: Lamb, Bison, Fish, Beef, Yogurt, Kefir.
If over 40, eat one of the above 3x per week at only one meal. On days of intense exercise eat above 2-3x per day (Lunch & Dinner). Enjoy!
[Chicken & Eggs are a complete protein but to be eaten rarely and cooked well done.]
2. Incomplete Protein: Grains (Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Brown Rice Pasta) & Legumes (beans, lentils), When you combine a grain with a legume you achieve a complete protein food. Yum! Example: Brown Rice & your favorite bean (pinto, kidney, black bean…) is a complete protein! Enjoy! Yum! Yum! This food combining is especially helpful for weight loss, reducing inflammation, cardiovascular health, vein support, brain health, and much more!
3. Junk Protein: Processed meats (“lunch meats”), sausage, pork…avoid.
3) Fats are divided into 3 groups:
1. Essential Fatty Acids: Omega 3, 6, 9’s - DHA, EPA. These are found in supplements like non-toxic un-distilled and unprocessed fish oil. Premier DHA is from sea algae and is an excellent source!
Other sources are from raw nuts and seeds especially soaked/sprouted Raw Organic Walnuts!
Avocado & Raw ground-up Flax seeds & Fish are other sources besides supplementation.
2. Non-essential Fats: Saturated fats like butter, and Coconut oil. These can be consumed for special programs of weight loss in achieving a ketosis state.
Refined oils like olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oils…are to be avoided because of their rancidity.
3. Toxic oils: ALL heated oils for cooking or baking are toxic and rancid and can damage brain and cardiovascular system. Trans-Fats are toxic – like canola oil & margarines.
4) Water: work up slowly to ½ your body weight in oz. of natural Spring Water daily…