Have a Plan! Have a box! Have peace!
In this article we want to give you some ideas of how and what you can do to prepare. Before Hurricane Katrina the Emergency Disaster Agencies were recommending 3-10 days of emergency supplies. After Katrina they moved it up to 1 – 2 months. Now, after many other typhoons, tsunamis, and other natural disasters they are recommending up to 6-12 months preparation.
Preparation and the Christian
“A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." Proverbs. 22:3
The Top 10
I will give some brief comments after each point.
- Purified Water: 1 Gallon per day for drinking; 1 Gallon per day for personal cleansing. Water filtration
Warning: petrochemical poisoning can come from plastic/polycarbonate bottles especially if left in the sun or in a hot room. If you can find a lake, stream or well you can filter the water. There are excellent water filtration systems that you can invest in like a “Berkey Water System” or a outdoor camping filter unit. Just make sure it will filter out any viruses.
- Shelter: tent, sleeping bag, or homemade shelter.
One night out in the exposed air could be fatal, have a shelter or making one is important for safety and warmth.
- Clothing: You must stay dry! The Mountaineers say, "Cotton kills" - instead wear wool clothing. Have lots of Gloves, and more gloves, and even more spare gloves. Begin stocking up on 100% wool clothing (socks, underclothes, outer garments). I recommend SmartWool, or Ibex, these companies make fine wool clothing that are very comfortable without irritation. You can wear these for days without them smelling foul whereas Nylon, polyesters, cotton or even Capilene smells foul after just a few days. The advantage of wool is that it keeps you cool in the heat and warm in the cold, and most importantly if wool becomes wet (through body perspiration/or water) it tries very quickly and you can still wear it while wet as it will whisk away moisture rabidly without reducing your body temperature to rapidly.
- Hygiene: Dental! Sterile examination gloves when going to bathroom: To conserve water. If you are trying to conserve water it is helpful to have sterile exam gloves when going to the bathroom. You discard the gloves without the need for washing hands to save water. It is very important to maintain dental hygiene! If you have a gum infection during a crisis it may make you very sick. Hygiene is critical to prevent sicknesses. If one gets ill during a crisis it could put your life at risk. Hygiene is sickness prevention! Purchase bulk tooth brushes, and dental floss. If tooth paste is not attainable one can use baking soda (not Arm & Hammer - it contains aluminum) and sea salt for brushing teeth after dinner/before bed and awakening.
- Communication: battery operated radio, land line, cell phone (solar charger), GFR radio, Short wave radio. This is more for psychological comfort than anything else. When one is in a crisis situation, information becomes like GOLD! It's amazing how just having up to date information brings a sense of orientation, peace and emotional well being.
- Food: Complete Proteins; Healthy oils; good Carbohydrates.
Organic Freeze Dried Food: Organic “Mary Jane” brand.
Dried Fruit: (Rehydrate for 1 hour). - Organic Apricots: Newmans or “Made-n-Nature” (from Turkey) be sure they are "un-sulfered"
Organic Brown Rice: Brown Basmati
Super food Powders: - Greens Mix - Whey Peptein - Tocotriene
- DHA; – this is a healthy essential oil (Omega 3 Fatty Acid): ONLY from Premier Research Labs ( PRL)!
- Raw/Unheated Sea Salt: without raw salt one could have cardiac irregularities and other dangerous side effects to the kidney’s, and blood.
- MRE – “Meals Ready to Eat” the military uses these and are good. Buy online.
- Avoid all White flour, white salt, white sugar, hydrogenated oils!
- First Aid Kit, knife, Whistle, tools, A whistle is important if you need to call for help. Your voice will soon become hoarse and weak if you overuse it by shouting for help. Tools would include a saw, mini ax, hammer, bolt cutters.
- Flashlights & Batteries
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, dental floss, Kleenex, toilet paper: Deut. 23:12-13
- Transportation: Bicycle (spare inner tube/tires), motorcycle (Dual Sport),
Food Poisoning/ toxicity protection:
- Medi-Clay FX: open caps into 8 oz. water and drink with food for POP (Persistent Organic Pollutant) protection in the food and for potential bacterial exposure in the food. The clay is "absorptive" and will trap the organism and you will excrete it. Carvacrol Oil/Oil of Oregano: (not for sensitive people), 3-5 drops in a cap and swallow, or you can mix this in food for parasitic kill. Only use the one from PRL, other brands are not diluted and it can cause liver toxicosis if overused. Short term use only, this is extremely hot/spicy. Use with caution.
- Green Tea Tincture/concentrate: 1-2 tsp. sip in 8 oz. water for radiation protection
- Sea Vegetables: XenoStat: 1-2 caps daily for radiation protection
- Anti-parasitic Herbs: Parastat (from PRL): 3-10 caps per meal if you have a known accute parasitic infection.
Macro-Nutrients: (vs. micro-nutrients)
- Protein: sufficient HCL is needed to digest protein and acid based minerals like Calcium.
a. complete protein: Contains all 9 (20 total) essential amino acids. These are called essential because the body cannot make them, they must come from food intake. Examples of a complete protein comes from the animal kingdom such as: eggs, fish, chicken, beef, lamb, venison, and whey protein.
b. incomplete protein: These are called incomplete protein because it contains a partial list of amino acids. These come from the plant kingdom. Examples: grains, legumes, nuts, seeds. If you mix a grain dish like Brown Rice with a bean dish like Pinto Beans the combination does supply all essential amino acids.
Formula for determining your daily protein needs (excluding athletes, pregnancy, nursing moms):
The DRI recommended intake for protein (adults) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day; 0.8 g/kg
Step 1: Find your body weight in pounds. Step 2: Convert pounds to kilograms (divide pounds by 2.2). Step 3: Multiply kilograms by 0.8 to find total grams of protein recommended.
- weight = 130 lbs
- 130 lb -- 2.2 = 59 kg.
- 59 kg x 0.8 = 47 g.
- Fats/oils: (Lipids)
a. DHA; – this is a healthy essential oil (Omega 3 Fatty Acid): ONLY from Premier Research Labs ( PRL)!
b. Fats that kill: Canola Oil, vegetable oil, shortening, Soy Bean Oil, all heated oils, Hydrogenated oils.
Examples: Whole Foods Market Salad Bars; Nut butters; pastries, crackers, cookies, deserts, donuts, French fries…most American food! Standard American Diet – S.A.D.!
“Trans fatty acids result when the hydrogen atoms have a different placement than normal. Hydrogenation means that hydrogen has been forced into a liquid oil to create a solid. The body doesn’t recognize these chemical configurations, but still incorporates them into our cell membranes. This results in changes in the function of the cell membrane, which have a negative impact on our health.” - Patti Weller, CCN “The Power of Nutrient Dense Food”c. Rancidity of oils: Light exposure, heat, water, and exposure to air and toxic plastic containers will all turn oil rancid.
d. Adulterated Oil: Companies lace pure olive oil with other toxic oils that are not on the label. Companies often use solvents to extract the oil. Cold pressed is best, but who knows what else they have done to it.
ONLY consume oil from a trusted source! PRL is a trusted source! Never consume restaurant oils!!
- Carbohydrates: Most important source for energy. a. simple: these are what we usually think of as “sugars”. Examples are fruits and most veggies. b. complex: these are what we usually think of as “starches”. Examples are grains, legumes (beans, peas, lentils), starchy vegetables (potatoes, egg plant). c. fiber: is actually a complex carbohydrate that is undigested by our bodies. Fiber, which is critical for good health, is only found in plant foods. c. junk carbs: Bread (unless whole grain), cakes, candy, chips, cookies, corn, tortillas, crackers, doughnuts, French fries, flavored juice drinks, muffins, pancakes, pastries, pretzels, soda, white flour, white sugar. d. Carb danger zones: many of our grains in modern society have been GMO. Therefore you must make sure never to consume these crops which are known GMO crops: soy, corn, wheat (unless imported from Italy). Avoid all white flour products – the whiter the bread the quicker your dead!